Thursday, September 21, 2017

high anxiety

I know I been accused of repeating this in the past, but that was sincerely the worst flight i've ever had in my life. As we began our descension, i swore we hit a pocket of bricks and a loud BANG that threw me nearly to the ceiling and bouncing left to right. People moaned, the plane shook and the pilot quickly rapped an unreassuring "please prepare for landing". The Caballero to my right and I both yalped aghast at the same time as the plane jostled us around; although he didnt speak a word of English, when i looked at his pale face, I recognized the familiar language of paralyzing fear. I'm nearly positive the woman to our left shit herself; as the Caballero and I road this horse all the way to landing, my grip leaving a permanent impression on the seat headrest in front of us. As the final nail drove into the uncomfortable hard landing, I felt the image of my spirit momentarily glitch outside my body, then it was finally all over. The Caballero and I exchanged the strongest grip handshake ive ever delivered and shared a momentary laughter of terrified relief. When I got off this flying piece of metal, I kissed the Earth like I was praying to Mecca. Although every part of me wants to scream out "i'm NEVER flying ever again" I know realistically that is not an option. So instead I just say FUCK FLYING, FUCK IT FOREVER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment